I came across in Netflix a very interesting series. Plastic Beauty - It is a japanese series that explores the world of plastic surgery. The series showed how important it is to understand the client`s point of view or rather how they see themselves and how they feel before and after surgery.
For some they have grown out of their cocoon to a beautiful, ravishing butterfly. For others they may have suicidal tendency if they cannot get their desired surgery or not be able to achieve their desired appearance. It is like buying what you believe is genuine cashmere but turned out to be fake. The disappointment can be overwhelming. They don´t want to live anymore.
We called also compare plastic surgery or Plastic Beauty to a gambling. Every time you win, you gain something and you gain all its benefits. But after you have enjoyed all the benefits you become unsatisfied and seek more. Another possibility is a psychological disorder called Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It is a disorder which makes them feel that their still ugly even after surgery. They continue to find flaws in themselves.
In addition to this the Plastic Beauty series educated the viewers about postoperative care and the possible consequences especially if they don`t follow the surgeon`s instructions.
I find it also interesting how they created the "before and after " appearances through make up by Amazing Jiro for most of the actresses like Naoko Ken who portrayed the role of Yuriko Sakashita. At first I thought they used different actresses for this scene. I was surprised to discover that it was the same actress. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a you tube tutorial about the Plastic Beauty make up transformation. But my curiosity about natural- looking facial lifting has grown such as using the product cure tape. I wonder if it will be effective for me. As for some people who have been using it as early as their 30`s found it effective to decrease or prevent their wrinkles from multiplying. I am now 42 and I have a few face wrinkles myself but I don`t feel that I need botox or fillers for now but Cure Tape may come in handy.
I am also interested in rhinosplasty surgery. As a Filipino, we don`t really have perfect stereotypical nose. In my opinion, our nose looks good. I am still debating with myself whether I want to keep it or have a rhinoplasty in the future. I mean a not so perfect nose can also be a charm specially if your in a world where all the perfect noses already exist. Also the culture now in the Philippines and many other countries are now becoming more and more open to plastic surgery. In fact people seem to be considering these procedures like at Plastic Beauty even at a young age, because everyone wants to achieve fame with beauty or maybe the right word is acceptance. I also consider myself having a plastic surgery soon like Nikita Dragon. But for now I educate myself with make up skills and starting to achieve the picture perfect appearance.


No comments:
Post a Comment